ENGINEERING PROJECT MANAGER
Objective and overview
Reporting to the Director of Engineering Department, the Engineering Project Manager will handle various projects with differing duration and complexity.
• The Engineering Project Manager is responsible and the reference person of every engineering aspect referred to the project assigned from the yacht arrival in the shipyard since her departure.
• The Project Manager deals directly with clients (yacht managers, captains or chief engineers), as well as with subcontractors and the Project Manager in charge. His/her task is to coordinate all the engineering works to be performed on board respecting delivery time and all safety rules.
Employment Conditions and Work Environment
• Full-time position (From Monday to Friday from 8:00 to 12:00 and from 13:00 to 18:00)
• Contract & Annual salary to be discussed depending on experience and preparation
• Pleasant and dynamic work environment
• You will join a passionate team of Engineering Project Managers who encourage collaboration and support. The Engineering Project Manager will refer directly to the Director of Engineering Department.
• Office location in Genoa or Loano (if required)
• You will have the opportunity to work for one of the top worldwide refit and repair centres catering for super and megayachts.
- Master Degree in Naval Architecture & Marine Engineering, High School Nautical Diploma specialization in Engineering
- Preferential professional experience on board or in a shipyard in naval mechanical field
- An excellent command of Italian, spoken and written, and fluent level of English, spoken and written.
• An individual with strong problem solving and organizational skills
• A team player who shows excellent interpersonal skills and acts with integrity and confidence
• Someone who has demonstrated flexibility and versatility at work.
PAINTING AND SURFACE TREATMENT SPECIALIST
Objective and overview
Reporting to the Supervisor of Painting Workshop, you will handle various painting and surface treatments works on board of differing duration and complexity.
- Managing all technical & contractual aspects referred to painting or surface treatment works: case studies, technical specification of interventions, quality and warranty standards, also offering support during the quoting process.
- The Painting and surface treatment specialist deals directly with clients (yacht managers, Captains, Owners and crew) and gives support to surveyors, the team of Project Managers and subcontractors.
- The Painting and surface treatment specialist handles the planning of production activities in coordination with subcontractors and the Directors of Logistics & Project Management.
Employment Conditions and Work Environment:
- Full-time position
- Contract & annual salary to be discussed depending on experience and preparation
- Office location in Genova
- At least a 1-year experience in the painting field (preferably in the yachting or naval industry or in another applied scientific role)
- Education: Technical chemistry qualification (or equivalent), having experience in the painting field
- An excellent command of Italian, both spoken and written, and a good level of spoken English
- Preference will be given to those who have completed a FROSIO course (or equivalent)